If you haven't had a chance to visit Hester Creek Estate Winery in the past, I highly recommend that you make some time in your wine-soaked adventure schedule to do so this summer or fall.
And, if it works for you, book a stay in the Mediterranean-influenced Villa at Hester Creek.
The Villa at Hester Creek Estate Winery: luxury among the vines
Photo courtesy of Hester Creek
While on our annual gal-pal wine weekend last summer, Sue, Suzie, Cindy, and I spent the better part of an afternoon touring what was then Hester Creek's soon-to-be-finished new digs.
Robin Openshaw (sales & marketing manager) took us through the winery, showed us the tasting room and demo kitchen, which were both in mid-construction, and then took us into the operating tasting room to sip our way through Hester Creek's portfolio.
Hester Creek logo being built into floor of new tasting room
Afterward, Robin led us up to the Villa, where Lee Ann Openshaw (hospitality manager) showed us through the units and let us play a little.
The Villa at Hester Creek: view from the breezeway
The Villa at Hester Creek: each private patio has a view
Everything is finished now, so you get to see it in its glory, not in its half-completed state. Some of the amenities you'll find at the new Hester Creek Estate Winery include
- Demonstration kitchen that lets you experience Hester Creek's wines as they're paired with fab foods and enjoyed with good friends—old and new. Featured chefs will guide you through very yummy cooking classes, giving you skills you can take home with you.
- Executive Barrel Room and Dining Room Suite for when you want a private, intimate space for your gathering—in a gorgeous setting.
- Tuscan-inspired Board Room showcases the connection to its Mediterranean influences and features the beauty and splendour of the South Okanagan Valley.
- Amphitheatre has excellent acoustics and is a spectacular venue for concerts on warm summer nights.
- The Tasting Room and Gift Shop, where tastings are complimentary and staff are courteous and knowledgeable. Click here for tasting room times and contact information.
- The Villa at Hester Creek is comprised of six units set high on the hill, providing sumptuous accommodation and incomparable vineyard and orchard views of the valley below.
Driving between the vines from The Villa at Hester Creek to the winery
Copyright © 2010 Kathleen Rake. All rights reserved.