September 16, 2011 (Vancouver, BC) – On Thurs., Oct. 6, 2011, wines produced by Italy’s Amarone Families will be featured at a gala dinner hosted by the Vancouver Playhouse International Wine Festival (VPIWF). The evening will include a five-course dinner paired with wines and a silent auction.
Held at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia, the dinner will offer guests a chance to meet the principals from 12 Amarone wineries.
The following wines will be poured at the dinner:
- Allegrini Amarone Classico DOC 2007 – represented by Silvia Allegrini
- Begali Amarone della Valpolicella DOC Classico Monte cà Bianca 2006 – represented by Bullio Bruno
- Brigaldara Amarone della Valpolicella Classico 2005 – represented by Stefano Cesari
- Masi Amarone della Valpolicella Riserva 2006 – represented by Raffaele Boscaini
- Musella Amarone della Valpolicella Riserva 2006 – represented by Maddalena Pasqua di Bisceglie
- Nicolis"Ambrosan" Amarone della Valpolicella DOC Classico 2005 – represented by Mariella Nicolis & Marina Fornaser
- Speri Amarone della Valpolicella Vigneto Monte Sant'Urbano 2004 – represented by Luca Speri
- Tedeschi Capitel Monte Olmi Amarone della Valpolicella DOC Classico 2006 – represented by Marina Sabrina Tedeschi
- Tenuta Sant’Antonio Amarone della Valpolicella Selezione Antonio Castagnedi 2007 – represented by Aldo Steccanella
- Tommasi Amarone della Valpolicella Classico DOC 2000 – represented by Pierangelo Tommasi
- Venturini Amarone della Valpolicella Classico "Campo Masua" 2005 – represented by Guiseppina Venturini
- Zenato Amarone della Valpolicella Riserva Sergio Zenato 2005 – represented by Nadia Zenato
Kurtis Kolt, who earned the title Sommelier of the
Year at the 2010 Playhouse Wine Festival, will work with the Rosewood Hotel culinary team to create a special menu that will pair the wines with complementary cuisine. Kolt says, "The opportunity to work with such an array of wonderful wines for an event is exciting enough, but to share this experience with the families behind these legendary labels makes this event both a personal and professional career highlight." He continues that "While Amarone wines are incredible to ponder on their own, it is when they are enjoyed with food that one can really appreciate their nuances, depth, and versatility."
VPIWF Executive Director Harry Hertscheg, who will host the evening, notes, “Two years ago we held the still-talked-about Grandi Marchi Gala, so I’m excited to welcome the Amarone Families for a gala dinner at the jaw-droppingly-beautiful ballroom at the much-anticipated, just-opened Rosewood Hotel Georgia in the heart of Vancouver.” He adds, “With 12 stunning Amarone wines for dinner—and a chance to bid on signed, large-format bottles that include your picture taken with the attending Amarone producer—it’ll be an evening you’ll never forget. Amarone amore!”
Proceeds from the dinner will benefit the Vancouver Playhouse Theatre Company. ”Just as the ‘Playhouse’ brand has become synonymous for an exciting live experience of theatre and wine, we’re thrilled to be allied with an Amarone wine auction featuring large-format bottles from producers of such high international regard,” says Max Reimer, Artistic Managing Director of the Playhouse. “We’re grateful for the tremendous contribution to the art of theatre through the appreciation of fine Italian wine. Grazie!”
Don’t miss this opportunity to enjoy an evening of outstanding food and wine in support of one of Vancouver’s premier cultural organizations.
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2011
Time: 6:00 PM reception, 7:00 PM dinner
Place: Rosewood Hotel Georgia, 801 West Georgia Street
Tickets: $250 per person; $2,250 for tables of 10
For more information or to purchase tickets, please call 604-629-2103 or email email@example.com.