Have you heard of the Opimian Society?
It's not a secret wine society, but it doesn't make a lot of noise on its own behalf. I am, however, very happy to be a member and very happy to help spread the word.
Here are seven reasons I think you should be a member, too:
- Opimian members have access to wines from around the world that are either exclusive to Opimian or not available to everyone, everywhere. This is exciting for me here on the west coast of Canada;
- Prior to each ordering cycle, members receive their cellar-offering choices online and in a full-colour magazine. It's here each winery is described and tasting notes for each wine are shared;
- If I don't want to make a decision regarding which wine to choose from this month's offerings, I can let Opimian do it for me with either the Opimian Select or Founders' Choice options;
- Every month Opimian members receive Tidings magazine, with its myriad expert wine voices from Canada;
- Once a year Opimians receive the Opimian Wine Review that tells us where our wines are sitting on the lay-it-down/drink-it-now scale;
- Local Opimian chapters host excursions, dinners, and wine-tasting events; and
- Opimians get rewarded for bringning new people to the club.
If you think you'd like to become a member of the Opimian Society, let me know and I'll refer you. And yes, for every new member I refer to Opimian I will receive a reward I can spend on wine; so will you.
Copyright © 2012 Kathleen Rake. All rights reserved.